RNase H (Ribonuclease H ) is an endoribonuclease that specifically hydrolyzes the phosphodiester bonds of RNA which is hybridized to DNA. It does not hydrolyze the phosphodiester bonds within single-stranded and double-stranded DNA and RNA.
E. coli strain
• Removal of mRNA prior to synthesis of second strand cDNA
• RT-PCR and qRT-PCR: removal of RNA after first strand cDNA synthesis
• Removal of the poly(A) sequences of mRNA after hybridization with oligo(dT)
• Site-specific cleavage of RNA
• Studies of in vitro polyadenylation reaction products