Creative Biogene is a biotechnology company specializing in shotgun library construction service. With years of experience in shotgun library construction field, Creative Biogene can construct shotgun libraries from a variety of sources including bacterial, phage, Mammalian and BAC DNA. Besides, Creative Biogene can provide you high quality libraries with inserts ranging from 1-10kb using Creative Biogene’s unique and proprietary process. Creative Biogene’s goal is to provide you with the most affordable, high-quality shotgun library construction services to ensure your satisfaction in a timely and professional manner.
A shotgun library is a collection of random-sheared DNA molecules. These libraries typically consist of inserts ranging from 1-10kb and extensively used in DNA sequencing, gene screening and DNA mapping throughout the world. As a leading supplier in shotgun library construction services, Creative Biogene is able to provide you the most affordable shotgun library construction services using its sophisticated equipments, advanced technologies and highly experienced staffs to satisfy your downstream needs.
- Small genome sequencing such as virus, phage, plasmid, etc.;
- BAC/Fosmid clone sequencing;
- Specific genes’ identification;
- Gene screening;
- Thorough sequencing with fragment lengths > 9 k and without reference sequence.
- Large numbers of primary clones.
- Low vector background and high percentage of recombinants.
- Flexible insert sizes, ranging from 1-10kb.
- Competitive prices.
- Fast turnaround time.
Creative Biogene offers shotgun library construction services for your scientific research as follows:
- High quality DNA preparation.
- Random shearing to produce a population of DNA fragments.
- Ligation into a standard cloning vector and transformation.
- Verification of library quality by randomly picking clones and determining insert sizes by restriction digest or DNA sequencing.
- Staden R. A strategy of DNA sequencing employing computer programs. Nucleic acids research, 1979, 6(7): 2601-2610.
- Anderson S. Shotgun DNA sequencing using cloned DNase I-generated fragments. Nucleic Acids Research, 1981, 9(13): 3015-3027.
- Roe BA. Shotgun library construction for DNA sequencing. Bacterial Artificial Chromosomes: Volume 1 Library Construction, Physical Mapping, and Sequencing, 2004: 171-187.